Course Link – CFT/CMT & Algorithmic Trading (Currently closed, please request for registration).
|1||Quantitative Approach to FX and Commodity Markets||(1 hr)|
|2||Basic Trading Strategies||(1 hr)|
|3||Reversal Patterns||(1 hr)|
|4||Advances in Trading Markets||(1 hr)|
|5||VWAP/TWAP, Risk Management in Trading||(1 hr)|
|6||Momentum Indicators||(1 hr)|
|7||Effects of Interest Rates on Stock Markets||(1 hr)|
|8||Trading Systems and Financial Risk Management||(1 hr)|
|9||Interlinkages between Global Markets||(1 hr)|
|10||Oscillators, Relative Strengths||(1 hr)|
|11||Revision / Extra session||(1 hr)|
- Learn about Algorithmic Trading & how it impacts Technical Analysis.
- Benefits professionals who are looking for CFT/CMT certification
- New interpretation, terminologies, & basic IQ for the subject covered.
- You get instructed by a teacher who is experienced & qualified.
- You will be able to view/download PPTs & class notes.
- To Professionalize the field of Technical Analysis.
- To Promote High Ethical & Professional Standards.
- To Guide Candidates in Mastering a Professional Body of knowledge.
Some Features of the course:
- It is a duration based course of 2 months, total of 11 hours.
- 11 Live Interactive classes on Virtual classroom, 1 hour each : Participate in the real-time discussions with the instructor.
- Mostly the class will be held on weekends.
- Review & revise with recordings of all the classes any number of times.
- Learning aids: 25 PPTs, 3 Assessment Test, 1 (formula sheet), 25 Online tests.
Some Important Links & Points relevant to CFT:
- Exam Fee –
Level 1: US $ 500, Level 2: US $ 800
- 2.5 Hours with 120 questions.
- Focuses on 6 Broad areas.
- Medium Difficulty.
- 4 choices, 1 correct.
- No Work Experience Required.
- Less Online Resources.
Some Important Links & Points relevant to CMT:
- 2 Hours, 135 Questions
- 4 Choices, 1 correct.
- Easier exam compared to CFTe.
- Better Online resource than CFTe.
- Work Experience required.
SOME ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
In CMT the syllabus is referred as: Body of Knowledge which has hardcore Technical analysis work. I loved the syllabus of this exam as these things are readily applicable once a person is through with CFA and FRM exams which develops the breadth of knowledge for the exam. After reading CFA/FRM/Quant Finance this exam is something which fascinates me.
MTA seems to be bigger in terms of open source (the have a huge public library than contains free stuff) and contributions on internet if has made for new learners hence I personally like it more. CFT does not seems very attractive to me as for now, but it depends on various other factors, biggest being the syllabus that suites your requirements.
In India we have Association of Technical Analyst (taindia) which takes exam for Certified Technical Analyst CTA, but I am not not sure if it given due value and respect or not. But for sure it is cost effective.
Conclusions from what we found:
- CMT community is more wide spread and more developed. Hence you will benefit more from CMT. However, keep in mind, knowledge is more important and in both case, you gain knowledge. Given the cost effectiveness and easier rules of CFTe it also cannot be ruled out as a great preference.
- Some say that CMT holds more validity in USA while CFTe holds grip over Europe
- CFT designation a little lower regarded certificate in the professional world, since it has no work/sponsorship requirement. But if you have experience and money CFT would work.
- As per MTA we can do the tests and complete all 3 levels, however you can use the “CMT charter” after your name only when you have the respective 2/3 years of relevant experience. No problems liek such in CFT.
- The MTA recommends 100 hours of study for exam one, 140 hours for exam two and 160 hours for exam three.
- CMT Passing rate is Aprox 70%, CFT not given.
Course Link – CFT/CMT & Algorithmic Trading
One on One Customized Training:
qcfinance.in believes in personalized touch so that our clients are completely satisfied with our service. In this regard, we offer One on One Customized Training to our clients.
These Training are provided on requests by our clients & are customized according to their individual needs.
The course structure & timings for these training are highly flexible, classes are scheduled as per the convenience of our clients.
Contact Us for More details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom Video Solutions:
In yet another innovation to simplify things for our learners, qcfinance.in has introduced the Custom Video Solutions Options. If a learner has some specific query but don’t have the time to come to live online class, then he/she can ask for custom video solution for the query. qcfinance.in will make a video recording that will be uploaded to YouTube or given directly to the learner in mp4 format for there viewing. A learner can go through the recording as per there convenience. If still doubts exist, he/she can email us anytime for clarifying them.
Here are some examples of custom video solutions provided by qcfinance.in:
Contact Us: email@example.com
Skype Id: qcfinancein